Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Knitting Sister

My sister is knitter. She's super at it. She can knit anything, positively ANYTHING, that she wants to. A sweater. A stuffed animal. A scarf, a slipper, appliques, skirts - everything. It's crazy. However, sometimes it's just funny.
Like when we are waiting in a restaurant for our food. My parents are staring into space, and I am reading. My sister is blankly going through her purse for something, when - A LIGHT shines through the darkness. With a cry of, "Knitting!" she embarks.
Of course by this time everyone in the restaurant is staring. Why? Number uno: she's fourteen. You don't often see a fourteen year old girl knitting. Usually, you would see a person her age with makeup. Two: knitting. Why knitting? Knitting is evil. Make one mistake and your sweater becomes a ball of tangles, with you standing behind the monstrous thing, crying, "Blast! I knew I was supposed to loop around the back, but did I? NO!" Terribly infuriating. I'm certain that it causes insanity. Haven't ya looked at me lately? *Cackles*
Number three: Also... yarn has a mind of its own. Leave it in a closet for a week without doing anything with it and it multiplies. Then when you open the closet to get it, you end up with a yarn mountain covering you past your head. Maybe it gets lonely.
Fourth and finally... Who wants yarn in their food?

No comments: